ExecuTech Strategic Consulting
Software Developer Level II
Fort George G Meade, MD
Technology and Computer-related
- Assure the level of confidence that software functions as intended, and is free of vulnerabilities, either intentionally or unintentionally designed or inserted as part of the software throughout the life cycle;
- Ability to collaborate one on one with software developers to identify appropriate security analyses, defenses and countermeasures at each phase of the software development lifecycle to help design embedded security features;
- Identify and assess potential software specific threats and risks, with the ability to develop a strategy to mitigate the risks, and execute the activities to identify, eliminate, and prevent software vulnerabilities;
- Analyze software designs and implementations from a security prospective, and identify and resolve security issues;
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to Derive software security requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces;
- Identify recommendations for improving security documentation and software development process standards;
- Implement, test and operate advanced software security techniques in compliance with technical reference architectures. Perform on going security testing and code review to improve software security;
- Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team;
Minimum/General Experience: Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results;
- Resolves software problem reports, utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment;
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software tradeoffs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-Shelf(COTS) Government Off-the-Shelf(GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
Clearance: Top Secret/SCI (FS Poly)
- Fourteen (14) years experience as a Software Engineer (SWE) in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required
- The candidate needs to have a B.S. degree from an accredited university in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- 14 years of experience as a Software Engineer on programs and/or contracts with the Federal Government. Four years of applicable software experience may be substituted for a bachelors degree.
- Some software security engineering background is required to assure the level of confidence that software functions as intended and is free of vulnerabilities, either intentionally or unintentionally designed or inserted as part of the software throughout the lifecycle. Perform on-going security testing and code review to improve software security.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear, use hands to keyboard and write. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
ExecuTech Strategic Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.